I live for the summer.
I live for those long summer evenings and the warm summer mornings. I live for the sun shinning and the bronzed skin. I live for the perfectly ripened avocados, mangos, peaches, huckleberries, etc. (the list goes on and on). But, most of all I live for summer love.
Summer date nights are different. You are more adventurous and one with nature. You want to soak up the last moments of sun that the evening has to offer. You let loose a little more and think in your head “so what it’s summer?”. I have decided in honor of this amazing season I will post summer date night ideas every week to make this summer an unforgettable one.
B and I love games and one of the best two player games is yahtzee. So we grabbed a blanket and headed to a park a block away from our home to enjoy the sun and some competition. I also love Mojitos (virgin that is) so we decided to bring that too . The fresh mint and lime combination just scream summer to me. Check back next week for the recipe.
Don’t you just love that song by The Cure? I still think of it on most Fridays while getting ready for the day. Did you guys ever use AOL Instant Messenger? That was THE WAY to communicate in middle school. For a little while, I would change my profile every day of the week to match The Cure’s song. Monday you can fall apart…Tuesday, Wednesday break my heart… oh man my profile probably made no sense but at the time I thought it was so witty! Anyways, I digress..
This Friday I am in love with summer whites! I really love to wear white for any season but there is something about the crisp look of those summer whites that gets my heart beating a little faster.
1. Lace Parasol Umbrella (Koyal) – This may seem a little unnecessary, but I imagine using this umbrella while playing a game of croquet (believe it or not we do have a croquet set) or maybe just to shade myself while taking a scenic walk. It sounds so lovely and old fashioned. This particular umbrella is found through a whole sale user so you can get a discount if you buy in bulk. Couldn’t you see a dozen bridesmaids holding these beauties at a southern inspired wedding (I used to be a wedding planner if you couldn’t tell ha)?
2. Engineered Lace Tee (Piperlime) – And the laced white summer pieces continue…ON SALE in all sizes and free returns! You can thank me later. I see myself pairing it with boyfriend jeans or a pink skirt. Maybe I will do an outfit post once it arrives!
3. Eva Lace Maxi Skirt (Piperlime) – I love maxi skirts. They are a great staple piece to dress up or down. I would pair this skirt with the perfect chambray top and sandals. Or part of me would like to try it with the lace shirt above for a monochromatic look. It could be the perfect outfit for a romantic night on the town. Lace makes everything more romantic.
4. Touch of Glam Sandals (Forever 21) – Forever 21 always carries my favorite trendy sandals and they last longer than I expect. Can’t go wrong with a price point like that!
5. Printed Leather Clutch (Gap) – I love the faint stripe detailing on this clutch. And what do you know… it is on SALE as well. I need more clutch options in my wardrobe. Currently, I am a tote girl but man does that get heavy.
I long to have all these summer pieces in my closet. But,it wouldn’t be entirely unreasonable to do (considering 3 of the items are under $50).